Plymouth Teaching School Alliance, or PTSA as we’re known to our friends, is an organisation committed to serving the schools, teachers and pupils of Plymouth.
Fully inclusive and non-subscription, we work with any educational setting in and around Plymouth and the South West.
Our motto is ‘From Seed to Harvest’ and we do that through PTSA’s Initial Teacher Training School Direct programme, bespoke school to school support and improvement work, and evidence informed continuous professional and leadership development.
- To help ensure all Plymouth’s children have every opportunity to receive the very best educational experience possible in a culture of aspiration, pride, independence, and expertise.
- To help support the central role Plymouth schools have in their communities.
- To facilitate meaningful collaboration across schools, alliances and MATs within the city, regionally and nationally.
- To attract and facilitate access to exceptional practitioners, leaders of education and academics.
- To provide evidence informed professional development at all stages of a career from trainees to CEOs – ‘From Seed to Harvest’
- To help ensure expertise is developed in response to citywide and national needs, using evidence to inform a purposeful, effective approach.
- To co-ordinate collaborative projects drawing together academic expertise, practitioner experience and ‘craft knowledge’ to promote and model a cultural shift in professional development.
- To work alongside the Regional Teaching School Council, neighboring Teaching School Alliances, Plymouth Local Authority, and the Regional School Commissioners office to ensure high-impact, sustainable school improvement.
- To recruit, train and retain the very best of the next generation of teachers and leaders.