We currently deliver school improvement with the Local Authority that is high-impact and sustainable. This can be evidenced by our success over the last 18 months. 5 schools supported by PTSA have been inspected and 10 have improved their Inspection outcomes to Good or Outstanding.
The process of identifying, conducting due diligence visits, crafting action plans, delivering support and evidencing impact is constantly evolving and improving. We carefully balance the need for swift and sustainable support with rigorous quality assurance.
It is anticipated that, while School Forum funding will disappear, teaching schools will be able access school improvement grants for schools meeting specific criteria.
We wish to dispel the myth that we are a primary only teaching school. We currently have 104 SLEs 37 are secondary and we are engaged in supporting 4 secondary schools in Plymouth.
- Improved exam results
- Improved progress within specific department or specialist areas.
- Improved attendance
- Improved Ofsted evidence
- Successful Academy transition
- Improved behaviour / discipline
- Progress in closing the achievement gap (particularly in relation to pupils in receipt of FSM and vulnerable groups).
- Reduction of in-school variation
- Evidence of external accreditation
- Improved growth, confidence and learning
- Improved quality of teaching and learning
- Improved CPD
- Improved knowledge management
- Falling rates of staff absence
- Improved team ethos / morale
- Increased networks / partnerships and collaboration
- Improved development of ITT / NQTs
- Increased willingness to secure accountability of others
- Increased leadership profile
- Improved internal processes and standards
- Improved self-evaluation
- Improved planning, including strategic planning
- Greater focus on priorities
- Improved financial processes and systems
- Improved views of parents, governors and others in the community.
- Increased support for the most able pupils.
- Greater progress by individual children
- More developed system leadership roles locally or nationally.
• All Saints Church of England Academy
• Devonport High School for Boys
• Eggbuckland Community College
• Hele’s Trust
• Plymouth High School for Girls
• Sir John Hunt Community Sports College
• Stoke Damerel Community College
• Tor Bridge High