The PTSA supports 17 number of subject hubs across the city. The hubs are practitioner-led and their remit is to respond to city-wide, regional and national needs. The hubs work through a collaborative model, offering opportunities to share practice and resources, offer CPD, support ITE and engage in educational research. The hubs are integral to our school improvement offer, enabling expertise to be shared, with schools and practitioners supported. Many of the hubs offer annual conferences and termly open hub meetings.
The majority of the hubs are led by Specialist Leaders of Education (SLE) and supported by other SLE and PLE members from a range of schools. Subject hubs are seen as the engine rooms of continuing professional development (CPD) for the Plymouth Teaching Schools Alliance workforce.
• To provide an accessible learning community forum for the sharing and dissemination of best practice to all schools.
• To provide expert leadership for the development of specialist areas and support the development of leadership within and beyond members’ own schools.
• To identify the training needs of all those that work with our children.
• To add coherence and consistent quality to the professional development of subject knowledge by providing a sustainable and planned programme of support for primary, secondary and special schools and associated education and care settings.
• To support the development of the curriculum so that innovation and good practice will be developed across all schools and will impact positively upon school improvement.
• To encourage practitioners to research and publish the impact of their practice.
• To facilitate graduate and post graduate professional development opportunities.
• To encourage innovation based on latest research and resources available informed by national and international trends and developments.
Want to train to teach in September? PTSA are recruiting for Primary and Secondary School Direct 2018-19. Click on the link to find out more information and how to apply PTSA School Direct 2018-19